Sunday, March 6, 2016

Hybrid device delivers tobacco flavors with e-cig like vapor


For those smokers who would like to make the switch away from smoking towards an alternative, but that have not found e-cigarettes (as currently defined) to be satisfactory, this may be of interest. It looks interesting to me and as far as I'm concerned, the more choices the better.


A reduction of at least 98% for all 29 compounds was recorded for both glo iFUSE and Vype ePen, compared to the reference cigarette.

In most cases, the vapour produced by the hybrid product, glo iFUSE, was indistinguishable from that produced by the e-cigarette. 


Hybrid device delivers tobacco flavors with e-cig like vapor

6 comments:

  1. I think that the Ploom Tech and iFuse both use Nicotine PG flowing over snuff which would not be good on the throat. It looks like the IQOS and Model Two are still the best bets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Is there a way to find out for certain if this is in fact the case? Is there also VG included in the nicotine solution? If so, what is the ratio of PG to VG? Thanks.

      Delete
  2. That I'm not sure about. BT is notoriously tight lipped about their products. Even Reynolds won't confirm the 4.8% nicotine in their Vuse even though everybody knows that that is what the value is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I once called RJR to try to find out what the PG/VG ratio was for the VUSE and it was impossible to get an answer out of the representative on the phone.

      Have you tried either the Ploom Tech or the iFuse?

      Delete
  3. The Ploom Tech is only sold by Japan Tobacco in Japan in limited markets there so there isn't any surplus for anywhere else. Nothing on eBay. The iFuse is only being sold in Romania and I've seen zero reviews or anything else from there. Are you still using your Model Two and Pax?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see. It seems like we're forever lagging behind in the world of harm reduction here in the U.S.

    I do still use my modelTwo. I purchased a handful of them and a few of them no longer work. I have some pods left, but I don't vape with the modelTwo all of the time because I am trying to hang on to what I have left. I tend to go back and forth between the pods, the PAX, and my Provari (..finally got one) with (mostly) bacci based e-juices.

    ReplyDelete

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.