Sunday, November 8, 2015

College Student Tackled in Her Desk By Cops Because She Smoked a Cigarette Outside


A young woman was tackled...for smoking...


I always knew that it would come to this.  I am speaking to the extremities of the anti-smoking and everything that "looks" like smoking movement, of course.


I am sad to say that this event took place in my home state.


It could have been me, and it might someday be you (or someone that you love) next.


Extremist measures almost always come in incremental fashion, but when the tipping point comes there is no turning back from the strong arm of oppression.  I do hope that this poor girl continues her education, free from PSD. I also hope that she sues the pants off of this university. God speed to her and to her lawyer.


"They called for backup..."


Backup? For what exactly?


College Student Tackled in Her Desk By Cops Because She Smoked a Cigarette Outside



6 comments:

  1. This is the inevitable consequence of the criminalization of smoking. Years of propaganda, reinforced by stigmatization leads to repression. Add to that poorly trained police and their perception of "contempt of cop" and you get violence. Tobacco control tyranny is only the tip of the ice berg. Reject smoking bans and restore citizen choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point(s). It truly is scary, isn't it?

      I remember being yelled at by some crazy man not too long ago when I was at home (in Chicago) for a visit. I was sitting in my car with my dog in Lincoln Park (by Lake Michigan...downtown-ish) and I kept looking around to see who and what he was yelling at when I realized that there was no one else around but me (and my dog). I was vaping on my modelTwo (tobacco vaporizer). I supposed that he thought that I was smoking? The guy was definitely (by the looks of him) well groomed and on the surface he appeared to be a "normal", "run of the mill" kind of guy, so there went my initial theory that he was just some dude screaming to the wind.

      It's crazy out there.

      Delete
  2. Don't forget that it's all 'for the children'. I don't feel comfortable vaping in public and so I tend to use my JUUL for stealthy hits. Recently I've discovered nasal snuff which apparently is one of the oldest forms of taking tobacco. Plus, I can engage in this pastime even while flying with nobody being the wiser. I get the full tobacco alkaloids and taste without offending some would-be anti Gestapo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I have used my PAX in crowded situations on occasion and no one has ever seemed to notice (save for one time when there was a bouncer staring at me directly...likely wondering if it was pot...it was pipe tobacco). That doesn't take away from how silly (and potentially dangerous) this has all become.

      Delete
  3. I am expecting this scenario one day soon in Montreal, Quebec. The government just banned smoking on outdoor terraces several weeks ago and I know damn well that they won't stop there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that. You are correct: it will not stop there.

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget