Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Is this for real?

I have not had the time to blog lately. I do, however, keep up on all of the latest news. Here is a story that I just had to post:

(CNSNews.com) – The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has awarded more than $400,000 to a research project involving underwear that can detect when a person smokes cigarettes.

No way.... I say that it's satire. It has to be. Our government is broke at the federal level and our cities don't have enough money to pay for police and firefighters in adequate numbers. People are getting shot (and are dying) every day in cities all across America. Surely our government wouldn't be sacrificing our safety by diverting our hard earned tax dollars to frivolous projects such as this one, would they? I mean, times are tight, are they not?

No wonder they keep wanting to raise our taxes. I took some years of living, but I think that I get it now.

Wasteful much?

H/T to Harley for posting this on Facebook via NYC Clash-


Feds Spend $402,721 on Underwear That Senses Cigarette Smoke | CNS News

2 comments:

  1. According to the article, that's about $800,000 to date.
    Is the vest for use in lunatic asylums?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..kind of makes you wonder if there's any sense left in the world...

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget