Monday, December 26, 2011

Nanny in the afterlife?

"I mean, what if someone wanted to paint their tomb LSU colors? I don't think purple and gold would be appropriate there."


Who is to say what is or isn't appropriate at one's final resting place? This is what bothers me most about NS (Nanny State) politicians and do-gooder types: They always think that it is they no what's best for you. They do not.

If the laissez-faire spirit of Louisiana is any indication of where the tide will likely turn with regards to this issue, I'd prepare myself for the mirage of colored tombstones that are sure to follow in response to this proposed ban.

Louisiana official finds colorful graves gauche, asks for ban - latimes.com

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget