Friday, April 1, 2011

CITIZENS AGAINST GOVERNMENT ENCROACHMENT CITOYENS ANTI GOUVERNEMENT ENVAHISSANT: HE WHO CONTROLS THE MEDIA (PART 3)

Thanks to Iro for passing this on to me-

We at C.A.G.E. have repeatedly publicized evidence that the media shows bias against opinions and even facts that are not politically correct, especially when it comes to the issue of tobacco and smoking bans. The typical mainstream newspaper will print only a very negligible number of letters on such topics, and even then only if they are not too compromising to their political comfort level.


Well, this certainly hits a nerve, as I too appear to have also become a victim of censorship in the media. Earlier this afternoon I posted a link here to an article/news segment from ABC7 News Los Angeles that promoted the idea of 3rd hand smoke being dangerous to infants who sleep in the same room as a smoking parent. Anyhow, twice I tried to leave a comment in response and TWICE my comment was deleted. Did I curse? Or violate ABC's "terms of agreement"? Um, no. I was however, a bit harsh in my views towards the media and its practice of science by press release. Apparently, you can't say those types of things in some parts of the United States of America, well, because they're "politically incorrect". This was my comment:

It's official: The anti-smoking fanatics of the 21st century, along with a complicit media, have now outdone the fanatics of the 20th century (think Reefer Madness).

In the very same breath today, you (ABC) told us that low levels of radiation in our food/milk amount to minimal or no risk. Really? Oh, but we are to be worried about 3rd hand smoke? Do you think that maybe you're being a bit biased, due to a pre-determined agenda that sets out to make people scared of smokers?

Science by press release seems to be your new motto. You people scare me.


What? I can't say that? Why not?


....Looks like I'm not the only one that this has been happening to.


CITIZENS AGAINST GOVERNMENT ENCROACHMENT CITOYENS ANTI GOUVERNEMENT ENVAHISSANT: HE WHO CONTROLS THE MEDIA (PART 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget