Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bummer! Dutch to ban tourists from buying pot - Travel - News - msnbc.com

What the hell is going on in the Netherlands? First they ban tobacco smoking in coffee shops and bars, only to repeal the tobacco smoking ban in small shops and bars (yay!), and now this? I have a nagging suspicion that this is more about pressure (ie., from the U.S., WHO, etc..) from outside the Netherlands, rather than being about crime, which is likely to rise due to this recent decision. Why the suspicion on my part? About a month ago I received an e-mail about a law that was being proposed in the U.S. Senate with the aim of arresting and convicting U.S. citizens who choose to indulge in the other "evil" weed abroad in places where it is legal; hence, U.S. citizens visiting Amsterdam comes to mind. In other words, the idea is to say that U.S. law (with regards to drug issues) applies to U.S. citizens no matter where they may go to indulge, even on foreign soil. Oh, how I wish that I saved the link for this one, as I cannot find it now.

Bummer! Dutch to ban tourists from buying pot - Travel - News - msnbc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget